Vegetable Box Subscriptions will be available for Summer and Autumn 2018-19.
You will need to read the details below and register your interest by either:
1. Using our contact form and write "Expression of Interest - Vegetable Box Subscription" in the comments section AND provide your contact details (including your mobile number and address); or
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Expression of Interest - Vegetable Box Subscription" in the subject line AND provide your contact details (including your mobile number and address)
Summer and Autumn 2018-19 Subscription details:
- Priority will be given to previous and existing vegetable box subscribers. Any remaining subscriptions will be offered via a waitlist system via submission of an Expression of Interest
- Boxes will be $40 during the shoulder season, $60 during the peak production season. We will notify you along the way as produce becomes available.
- As part of our committment to avoiding single-use plastic, you will need to pre-purchase 2 crates and 2 salad mix containers (take one home, swap the following week).
- You will receive freshly harvested produce grown on our farm. The produce in the boxes will vary from week to week subject to seasonal availability, and we will endeavour to make the box an assortment of leafy and salad greens, root vegetables (carrots, beetroot, radishes etc) and fruiting crops (tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchinis, beans etc).
- Harvest day will be Monday. You will receive a message on your mobile phone when your vegetable box is ready for collection from our farm gate at 13 Kibell Lane (2 km from the town centre). You can pick up your box anytime between 8am and 6pm at your convenience.
- Due to the small number of subscriptions that we will offer this season (we estimate between 20-30), we will not be offering substitutes if you have any specific dietary requirements, specific likes or dislikes, or access to abundance of your own. In this case, we suggest you order from our "Free Choice" selection. We are open to input to providing a 'swap basket' for future seasons as we increase the number of subscriptions.
- If you are unable to pick up your vegetable box, you will need to arrange for someone else to pick it up on your behalf. Vegetable boxes that are not picked up will not be refunded or made up.
- We encourage all of our subscribers to become active participants - reading any newsletters and information sheets and attending gatherings to connect with your food and farmer. We also plan to offer seasonal farm tours and will keep you up to date with planned activities on the farm. Other ideas include setting up a subscribers Facebook or WhatsApp group so that you can share recipes and ideas, and let us know which vegetables are enjoyed and which ones you might not want too much of next season.